The minimum and maximum age limits for admission to Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs) in various classes are determined based on the age of the child as of March 31st of the year in which admission is sought. For example, if a child is seeking admission to Class I, he or she should be at least 6 years old but no more than 8 years old as of March 31st of the year in which admission is sought. The age limits for admission to each class are as follows:
Age Limits for Admission to Kendriya Vidyalayas in Classes I to X
- Class I: Minimum age 6 years, maximum age 8 years
- Class II: Minimum age 6 years, maximum age 8 years
- Class III: Minimum age 7 years, maximum age 9 years
- Class IV: Minimum age 8 years, maximum age 10 years
- Class V: Minimum age 9 years, maximum age 11 years
- Class VI: Minimum age 10 years, maximum age 12 years
- Class VII: Minimum age 11 years, maximum age 13 years
- Class VIII: Minimum age 12 years, maximum age 14 years
- Class IX: Minimum age 13 years, maximum age 15 years
- Class X: Minimum age 14 years, maximum age 16 years
It’s important to note that these age limits apply to children who are born on April 1st as well. If a child is born on April 1st, they will be considered the same age as a child who was born on March 31st of the same year.
As per the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020, the minimum age for admission to Class I has been revised to 6 years with effect from the academic session 2022-23. This means that children who are at least 6 years old as of April 1st of the academic year in which they are seeking admission will be eligible for admission to Class I.
There is no maximum age limit for admission to Class XI, provided that the student is seeking admission in the year of passing Class X examination. Similarly, there is no upper or lower age limit for admission to Class XII, provided that there has been no break in the student’s continuous study after passing Class XI.
It’s important to note that the maximum age limit for admission to Kendriya Vidyalayas can be relaxed by two years in the case of differently-abled children, at the discretion of the principal.
Prices are subject to change without notice, so customers should always check AFD CSD Online Portal for updates before making their purchase - afd.csdindia.gov.in login page